Thursday, December 10, 2009

I seriously need help!!!!!!?

I absolutely love to act. It's my dream career, and though I know I'll never land a starring role in a move, I still love to do it. I told my dad this, and he's prejudice about it all. He says that actors grow up always acting all the time, always divorcing, and always miserable. HE says i'll end up like that too. I told him I'd be careful if he would just let me try but he says he doesn't trust me-not surprising. my parents don't trust me at all. They don't trust me at school, that's why I'm homeschooled. They don't trust what I say, that's why my parents asked me millions of times if I was the one who took the spare key, leading to our getting locked out of the house. They have no confidence in whatever I do. I need some way to show them that I can do it, and maybe he'll let me do a play at the community theater. but, how? what do I do??



I seriously need help!!!!!!?state theatre



First and foremost, you need to sit down with your father and TALK- without whining or tantrums. SHOW him that you are mature enough for his trust. Call a local community theater and find out what they do, when, and how you can get involved and share it with your parents, ask them to get involved too. Share your dream with your parents in a way that draws them in- not pushes them away. If nothing else works, you'll be grown in a few years, and can do "As you like it" ;)



I seriously need help!!!!!!?theater opera theater



Well if you are serious about wanting to do this then do it. Stand your ground. If your parents refuse to let you participate in any acting, then when you are 18 MOVE OUT and do whwat you want. The thing that you and your parents need to remember is that this is Your life.
even if you like acting, and it's your passion. It's still important to get an education. There's many stars that still went to college. Natalie Portman is one that comes to mind. You sound pretty young, so other than talking to him, there's probably not much you can do. Once you turn 18, you can make your own decisions.
Try to tell them about your future goals to go to college,etc. Explain to them that it is something creative that you would love to do as a hobby...like get involved in the town theatre or small local theatre groups. Maybe if you approach it that way they will be willing to let you try it. Ask them to just give you a chance to try it and if it doesn't work out you'll drop it. I think you deserve a chance to use your creative side. Not all actors end up messed up and I don't see any harm or risk in allowing you to give local theatre a try. I hope you get it worked out with them. Remember they are just trying to protect you, not hold you back. I think the problem is that they don't trust the world... not you. It's a scary world these days and I'm sure they want the best for you. Good luck.
Hello Cocoa:



I was the black sheep of my family also, which it seems that's where you are. There is hope!!! you will have to get your parents trust, that's going to be a little hard. first thing you will have to start doing more than you have being doing put in extra time and do different things, such as helping around the house doing extra things that they would not expect you to do, cook them a nice meal, help your mother, to keep the place in order help her with the meals, do your home work without them have to tell you everything to do. try that and good luck. be good to your self and your family. show them you love them.
Sometimes parents just kind of suck. Homeschooling because they don't trust you at school? WTF? Is that for real? I don't think you'll ever be able to get through to your parents, and I'm really sorry for that. I know you have to deal with their rules right now, so just try to hang in there until you can move out on your own. It won't be too much longer, and once you're an adult, you can move out and they won't be able to stop you from pursuing an acting career or even just getting involved with community theater. I mean, you can always try to point out the integrity and stability of some long-time actors like Susan Sarandon or... Well, don't use Drew Barrymore. But I don't think it'll work.
Acting as a way of life is not easy to get, to become an actress is very difficult and hard, almost impossible, but you can act in the community theater and have acting as a hobby, but please look for a real career, your father goes to far thinking in diverse and all that surrounds acting life, first thing is getting there
well, what have you done for your parents not to trust you? Or are they the type that doesnt trust people at all....



Well i dont think theres much you can do...either you do the play regardless of what your parents say, or you dont.



Always follow your dreams, you'll come to a certain age when you know whats best for you.
other than trying to make up your own "show" at home and presenting it to them, i dont know what to tell you. perhaps you will not get to follow your dream as a child, but if that is what you really want to do, practice your craft and maybe when you go to college, you will get the opportunity .... child actors rarely make a go of acting in adulthood because they are "typecast" as children and rarely seen as truely good actors. maybe this will work to your benefit. keep studyng your craft and practice regulary, hold your dream close for now and when you are 18, you can follow your dream. dont let anyone destroy your dreams if you really believe in them ..good luck!
First you don't say how old you are, have you given your parents a reason not to trust you, if so, try to change that, you might have to wait till you are older if your father is so against it. but do your very best to show that you can be trusted, and who knows people have been known to change their mind
I would ask your parents to go with you to some community acting lessons.



If you try and involve them (even give them the control to pick out the lessons and attend) they are more inclined to get behind you.



Also, doing some research on types of acting ie: plays, movies, etc. and sitting down with your parents to involve them in your passion will also show them that you are committed to learning the art of acting, not just jumping in feet first without any knowledge of the industry.



You could also try to research some of your favorite plays and educate your parents about the actors, their backgrounds, how they got started, etc.



On the trust issue, are there concrete reasons that your parents have for not trusting you? If not, sit down with your parents and ask them how you can earn their trust. What are some trustworthy activities/chores for you to take on around the house?



Building the trust may begin to build the gap for your parents to give you some freedom in making choices for yourself, such as acting.

No comments:

Post a Comment