Thursday, December 10, 2009

Trying to figure out the name of an old movie.?

When I was about 9 or 10 I saw this move in the theater with my parents. If my memory serves me correctly that means that it came out around 83 or 84. From what I remember it starred Richard Gere and was somewhat about a younger guy (maybe in his 20's) who somehow gets involved in some cult. At the time I remember thinking that the people in the cult reminded me of the people you used to see at airports selling flowers, shaved heads and had tambourines and such.



The only scene that I really remember vividly is that he eventually leaves the cult and goes to get a hamburger to eat (since the cult didn't eat meat) and ends up throwing up because I guess his body was not used to it after sometime.



I could have sworn that the title had the word "Heaven" in it, but while going through Gere's movie list the only movie with the word "Heaven" in the title has nothing to do with what I've described.



Possibly it wasn't Gere, if you have any idea of this movie please help!



Trying to figure out the name of an old movie.?binoculars



I believe you are referring to "Ticket to Heaven" (1981). One of the ways they "deprogram" new members was by low-protein diets, which mean't no hamburger.



Trying to figure out the name of an old movie.?violin opera theater



Try looking it up on the Internet Movie Database--you can search by actor, title, etc.



www.imdb.com
Ticket to Heaven (1981)



After his girlfriend of many years leaves him, David participates at a summer camp in the country. He doesn't realize that it's a training camp for a fanatic religious sect. He can't resist the pressure of permanent group sessions, denial of sleep and food for long and becomes a willing slave of the organization. Their "father's" motto is: "Stay up, earn money, destroy the Satan!" - Satan, that's everyone who's against the sect. Members are shown how to kill themselves in case their parent kidnap them. When David's old friend Larry finds him in the camp, he can't believe how much he's changed. He works out a plan to free him and give him back his brain.



If that isn't right, check through the list from the link below. I went through most of them, but couldn't find much else that looked like it would fit.
your rude
Possibilities:



Days of Heaven (1978) .... he played Bill.



The Passenger (1975)... Jack Nicholson as David Locke



...



If you can remember some key words about the movie, put them in this website and it will search movie synopysis



...



http://www.rottentomatoes.com/search/
Plan 9 From Outer Space.

No comments:

Post a Comment